In general, you should pack comfortable, appropriate clothing to last ten days. You have laundry facilities at PAR, and will be more comfortable in your room will smaller amounts of clothing.
- Pack clothing with the understanding that evenings get cool, even in the summer. Consider also that we go on hikes, as well as go to outside meetings and outings – make sure you are presentable and appropriate every day.
- Pack your basic hygiene supplies; hair products, oral hygiene products, shaving needs, feminine needs, shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc. You do not need to pack towels or bedding.
- You can also bring personal music players, such as Mp3 players or Ipods – only to be used with headphones you provide. However, anything that has WiFi capability is not allowed.
- You can bring a cell phone if you need it for contacts, but know that you will not keep it with you, and may only check it out from staff to obtain phone numbers. You will use our provided landlines for phone calls.
- You can bring other, small hobby items, books, etc.
- You can bring your medications, provided that they are in a current, accurately labeled pharmacy bottle with a current Rx from a doctor. These drugs will be immediately turned in to staff for medical review upon intake.
What NOT to bring to treatment…
- There are no electronic devices allowed other than what was discussed above. Laptops, gaming devices, great radios, etc. are prohibited.
- Vitamins, supplements, and teas are banned unless first approved by a PAR medical staff member. PAR will provide daily vitamins if required. Vitamins or supplements seen as a medical necessity will be reviewed, and, if approved, administered by PAR staff as a medication.
- Medications that are not correctly labeled, expired, without a doctor’s Rx, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, unapproved medications, alcohol of any form (including mouthwash) is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate expulsion from Peak Addiction Recovery, with accompanying legal charges when applicable.
- Inappropriate, or revealing clothing will not be worn, so save some suitcase room and leave it at home 🙂